Spidey

Spidey
I'll Say What I Want To Say

Friday, November 9, 2007

Would Michael Nates and Daniel Ogando be Eligible at American Senior High?

By The Ref:


I have been apprised of the Situation by the Spiderman and have read the pertinent information in regards to this case, and here is what I can determine from the information provided.

There are a few rules in place here that would definitely affect the eligibility of the wrestlers in question.

First and foremost is their home address. A school is responsible for policing itself in regards to which students transfer in, and the status of their eligibility. Technically they are supposed to send an administrator or other school sanctioned personnel to verify that said residence is in fact occupied by the student in question. The visits are supposed to be Random and multiple, and are supposed to establish without question that the student actually lives their and that it is his primary residence.

The second issue is that the student must be living with the same guardian with which he was living the previous calendar year (365days previous). The fact that a student might be 18 or 19 years old an emancipated from his guardians makes no difference unless his emancipation is greater than one calendar year (365). Usually a tax return is necessary to complete this process; the student is not considered emancipated if he appears on his guardian’s tax return within the previous calendar year.

The third issue affecting this case is that of following the coach. A student shall not enroll at the same school in which a coach that he was associated within 1 calendar year (365 days). Any enrollment in said school by the student would immediately cause ineligibility due to previous relationship with coach. The fact that these kids went to a different school is beside the point, them going to American would still make them ineligible due to previous contact with coach with less than 365 days removed from the coach.

The first day of school and first day of practice rules do not impede eligibility so long as a corresponding change of address and the guardian rules are satisfied.

An appeal may always be filed, but in this situation the appeal would most certainly be rejected unless there are some extenuating circumstances that have not been brought up here.

I hope this clears things up.

The Ref

9 comments:

GALACTUS said...

Spidey,Please check your Inbox

Anonymous said...

I guess that clears that up.. Nates and Ogando won't be coming to American.

Spiderman said...

Ryu,

You give yourself away.

"Won't be coming to American"

So what weight class do you wrestle? 135? 140?

Are you a little relieved?

Your spot is safe for now.

Anonymous said...

Any truth on the rumor about Wilson Metellus, state runner-up from Pace @ Southdade now. That would be awesome for SD. Watch out Brandon!

Spiderman said...

Anonymous,

That news has not made it to me yet, but if it's true it could be a great thing for SD. I will make some inquiries.

Magneto said...

The plot thickens! What possible connection could there be between Pace & Southdade? J/K! Being a former Pelegri wrestler, Balmaceda must be drooling if this is truly the case about Metellus. I agree the line up does become solid once you get past who goes in what weight. Maybe beating Brandon at the Graves is not just a pipe dream after all. Best wishes and go Dade!!!

Magneto said...

Don't mean to be the bad guy here, and I hope I'm wrong because I do believe that loyalty should be to your coach and it would be nice to see Osorio with his kids from Hialeah, but what about the other Hialeah kid that's in American now, The 152lber, George Garcia? Why would he be allowed to wrestle at American & not Nates & Ogando? Is it because his coach followed him instead of the other way around? What's the word on that Ref?

Spiderman said...

Magneto,

So far two sources very knowledgeable and close to SD have replied and they tell me they know nothing about Matellus being at SD. While my sources are very good, they have been known to sand bag now and again if it suits their interest. The information is typically reliable, and I always try to re-confirm something before I will state it as fact. I have never betrayed a confidence, nor exposed something I have been told to keep under wraps, but sometimes the truth is withheld even from me. If I were told that Matellus was at SD but the information was for me only, I would not be writing this reply. I am not implying anything either way, all I'm trying to say is stay tuned because as of right now I can neither confirm nor deny this rumor to be fact or fiction.

Spiderman said...

Magneto,

Thanks for pointing that out, I had no idea. I will contact the Ref and see if he can give us an interpretation. Though my first instinct is to say that I don't see anything wrong with it. Stay tuned.