Spidey

Spidey
I'll Say What I Want To Say

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Polls Close!


The polls close and we have some very interesting results.

Our top five Dade County officials are Valls, Johnson, Pardo, Dewberry, and Wimberly. Balmeceda had a nice showing with 10 votes and so did Baldwin with 8 but they were outdistanced by the top 5.

I was somewhat surprised at the results because I thought Johnson would run away with it followed by Dewberry and Wimberly.

Valls is a good official; him getting the most votes is not that surprising when you take into account the personal nature of wrestling. I think more than any other sport, wrestling officials and coaches form a very tight circle, and that translates to the parents and the fans. I think each cross section will favor or have an affinity for some officials as well as others, as well as distaste for some. That in turn makes it more likely for parents and fans affiliated to those programs to have their opinions skewed based on those perception. When a reader votes he selects 5 different officials. Valls is likely the most personable and least controversial official on that list. Some voters may not like Johnson who may be perceived as abrasive, Dewberry who may be perceived as intimidating, Pardo who may be perceived as bias, or Balmeceda who may be perceived as arrogant, while Valls on the other hand may not suffer from any such perceptions. It’s quite possible Valls might be the 5th guy many list and as the votes are tallied, that leaves him with most votes over all. Someone who does not vote for one of the aforementioned because of some personal conflict would not have the same problem with Valls.

This was our most popular poll to date with 35 readers participating. It is encouraging to see that people take the time to vote, and I look forward to have some more exciting and interesting polls on the Blog. If any of you have any ideas for interesting polls don’t hesitate to forward me your idea and if it’s good I will be happy to make it part of my Blog, I will even credit you with it if you so desire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a friggin joke! I was robbed! I am the best official in dade county just ask me. Nobody in the world knows the rule book better than me. You got to be kidding me, what BS...

Coach Pardo

Spiderman said...

Anonymous,

LOL!!!

This is the problem with people not having their own screen names. I don't believe for one second that you are actually Pardo, but thanks for the example, anyone can sign anyone’s name here and it can be confusing. This is a great reason to get a screen name or an Alias. The one negative is that Pardo's post's are few and far between, I was hoping that he was going to come out to play, but after this little stunt, you may have scared him back into the far reaches of the internet.

AAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA!