Spidey

Spidey
I'll Say What I Want To Say

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Props to Google



The more I use the Google product, the more I like it. Besides that fact that everything Google is basically FREE, they offer a host of other services that are very valuable, I could even make money doing this if I desired through Google ads. One of my favorite things is called Google analytics; it allows you to see how many people are visiting your site and provides a host of other statistical reference materials that makes this endeavor very worthwhile, and all the while keeping readers and posters anonymous and free. It is encouraging to know that there are many people out there reading my Blog, and from all regions of the state, and also some from out of state. Yesterday was our biggest day with 91 individuals visiting the site, up from a high of 78 last week and up from 56 the week before that, so I guess the word of mouth is spreading. Overall we have had 304 unique visitors, and over 5300 page views, not bad at all; I hope it continues to grow.

This Blog does have it’s limitation in that readers can not readily start their own topic, but I think most if not all are aware that if they send me ideas or pre written articles I will post any topic on my Blog. Believe it or not I would like a greater influence from the middle and the west part of the state, and even the north, but no one has stepped up to be my counterpart in those regions. I hope with time more interest develops and we can have editors in other parts, but even if that never happens, you may feel comfort in that this has become the pre-eminent location to get all information pertinent to Dade County. I would like to thank all the readers and posters, without you this would not work. Thank You, and I hope you all continue to enjoy this Blog.


Sincerely,

Spidey


7 comments:

GALACTUS said...

Spidey,Not to rain on your parade,but these internet tools are what ALL the internet providers are giving the Fascist sons of bitches in China to keep tabs on their people a la George Orwell's 1984.what a shame.OK.Rant over.My congratulations on the success of the blog.It is refreshingly free and provides lots of entertainment and information.I think it will soon be the preeminent wrestling site in the state of Florida and may lead to copycats in other states seeking free,unfettered information without interference from assholes with agendas in charge.Your blog shows that people can agree or disagree strongly without degenerating into anarchy.Congratulations to you and to all who visit and appeciate this site.

Spiderman said...

Galactus,

First of all thanks for the props. I am glad you like my Blog, and I hope you are correct and more people realize that disagreement is the foundation of freedom.

As for the preeminent site in Florida... I am not that optimistic, but certainly the preeminent site for Miami. The only way this could become a Florida site is if I were to pick up editors in different regions, and so far no have stepped up to the challenge. Their loss really, I would give them the opportunity to report, critique and express themselves about their area how they see fit, I have even offered to grant administrative privileges on my site so they would not need my permission to post, and still no takers.

I think you are right in that more bogs will pop up, people will realize that they have a voice, and that is need not be censored; we can only hope.

I agree about China and Big brother and all that, but we can't control China, we are having a hard time controlling ourselves. I fear Americans have become complacent in matters of Freedom, and it will cost us heavily in the future. That however is a matter for the young people, our time is past and we did some great things in our time. Now it's up to the university kids to take charge like they are doing in Venezuela today protesting that son of a bitch trying to give himself more power.

Thanks again for the props, it's always good talking to you, it's refreshing to know there are still some true Americans out there even if they were born in another country.

Anonymous said...

You old dudes make me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Spidey.

Spiderman said...

Superfly,

Thanks for the props, it's great to have you heren your mere presence is another example that my blog has arrived.

Spiderman said...

Superfly,

Thanks for the props, it's great to have you heren your mere presence is another example that my blog has arrived.

Spiderman said...

Visits were up to 119 individuals yesterday, just thought some of you would like to know.