Spidey

Spidey
I'll Say What I Want To Say

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Default in the 1/4's and make it to Lakeland. It's OK


The results are in, and a majority of you do not feel that defaulting a match to get to the side of the bracket that would give a wrestler a better opportunity would be unethical.

Say what you want publicly, but it’s evident that not only would most of you it if you had to, but that you would feel no remorse in doing so.

I must agree with the majority; 71% of you felt it would be acceptable to use such a strategy. As I have stated before it becomes a coaches duty to seek the best possible scenario for his wrestler to advance to the state tournament, especially when you take into consideration that the wrestlers are being victimized by a broken and less than adequate process for selecting the top 4 individual in a region.

Like my kids say, “Don’t hate the Player, hate the game”

1 comment:

Dr_Jones said...

I have had kids "take the fall" in the first round of regions to advance to the big dance. I have to admit, it was very ackward as the score goes to a whoppin' 14-13 in the 3rd and "Down goes Fraser! Down goes Fraser!"