Spidey

Spidey
I'll Say What I Want To Say

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Brief History of Ron Osorio



Osorio's history



He wrestled at Miami Beach and stayed like so many other kids to help his former coach. He coach for 5 years there before something happened and he stopped. I believe that last year Miami Beach sent 7 to the state tournament and placed 3rd in Regionals. After his departure Miami Beach suffered a collapse similar to the one Hialeah suffered at his departure. Here are some names that may be attributed to Osorio at Miami Beach other than Baez.


Steve Carry
Steve Knight
George Thompson
Eden Gervais
Edgar Velazquez
Antoine Miranbeaux
James Jean-Baptiste
Mohammed Sadeek
Jackie Hayes
Just some who Osorio coached at Beach High, quite the impressive little list.



He was out of wrestling until he began to coach at JFK middle school where he was feeding NMB senior. Once again and for some unknown reason he leaves for Hialeah instead of taking over the NMB program. NMB may not have suffered that great collapse that Miami Beach or Hialeah went thru but many still wonder what might have been, sincve many of the wrestlers that would have followed Osorio to NMB ended up at Krop doing great things for Phillips. Again I will do you the pleasure of listing some names from his middle school program:


Michael Dominguez
Andrew Lankford
Wendell Eloi
Eloi Windel (yes they are different)
Caringhton Janvier
Geovanni Harris (yes that had history before Harris went to Phillips)


It seems that where ever he goes he works to get his kids better.
Not sure what happened at Hialeah either but just for fun I will list the names of the studs and potential studs he left there on his way out to American where all he did was create a new crop of studs.


Michael Nates
Daniel Ogando
Alain Espinosa
Robert Aguila
Jose Balboa
Jhonar Gonzales


The bottom line is this, Osorio goes to a school and they have great teams. Not the best, never the best but great enough for people to take notice. He does this mostly without a middle school program, without a kids program, and without multiple coaches.


No, Osorio is not Spiderman, but if he were what else would he say, and how would he have all this information. Remember when the Spiderman was Coney and the rationale was that Coney hated Brandon. Then I was Mahler because Mahler hated Brandon but also loved South Ridge. Then I was Pardo because I loved South Miami kids and spoke highly of Pardo, South Dade, and Pardo's friend Balmeceda. Then I was KW because SD was the greatest thing since sliced bread and it just seemed like the I was way too smart, and had way too much information and knowledge of computers and Mathematics. Now I am Osorio because I have hated on South Dade for their recent behavior, and because I have picked a little on the saintly boys of Columbus. OK if you say so...


I sincerely care very little for whom you think I might be, my real interest, what keeps me going, and my true anticipation is on whom you think I will be next.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure why but I've just gotten more respect for Osorio. I would love to know why he keeps leaving schools? How bout it Spider any light you can shed.

Anonymous said...

OH MY BABY JESUS I had no idea you were that good. I am sorry Mr. Osorio. I am really really sorry. Is there anything I can do so you can forgive me. I just wanted you over here FAST. I wanted us to be the new Shake and Bake. Can you feel me?

Ricky Bobby

Anonymous said...

COLUMBUS + OSORIO = STATE CHAMPIONS

What do you say Coach Osorio.

Ricky Bobby

Spiderman said...

Ricky Bobby,

Apparently he has principles and refuses to be subjected to much of the crap that comes along with some buildings. He would rather move on and start from scratch than be used and abused by those in charge. That however is just my intuition.

Anonymous said...

Columbus + Osorio + Recruiting (well not really recruiting, we have no such limitations such as recruiting here, lets just call it signing talent) + hold them back a year or two + superior coaching that Osorio would bring + the threat of pi$$ing on anyone for any reason at any time =

DYNASTY

Ricky Bobby aka Ricky Columbobby

Anonymous said...

ok. thats it. sebaticle time. maybe the kiddies have matured when i return. this place is going down the tubes. bobby is a moron.

Anonymous said...

ok. thats it. sebaticle time. maybe the kiddies have matured when i return. this place is going down the tubes. bobby is a moron.

Anonymous said...

I'm Ricky Bobby and I am a Columbus man. We have avoided wrestling Osorio's teams in the past because we didn't want to lose to them. We thought we had a chance to beat them this year so we challanged them and now it is not looking too good so I have to make excuses for the inevitable. When we lose to American I can always say the Osorio recruited, held his kids back, or any other excuse for our loss. Now that you know the truth its back to talking crap.

Ricky Bobby

Spiderman said...

This is the real Ricky Bobby. American Sucks thay can ki$$ may A$$. We will wipe the floor with American, Osorio is a cheater and cheaters never win. I have no problem calling the kettle black, and on a side note, Spideysorio if you really do retire from DCPS and want to join a true band of champions, Columbus will be happy to take you in, with your talent and the ability to do as you like here without reprecussion then we will really have something.

Anonymous said...

Osorio, I learned plenty of you from this post. I knew you where an outstanding coach, but very impressed with the amount and the quality of kids you developed. I heard you were going to retire from coaching next year and I'm hoping you change your mind. It will be a huge loss for dade county and wrestling in general. Not to many coaches can start a program from sctrach and build a power house with no middle schools or kids programs. Barmaceda took over a dynasty, never started something new. Not to take anytime from him but got me thinking. Wish you the best and hope you change your mind about retiring.

Anonymous said...

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thanks spideysorio and the rest of you American sycophants. I love the attention, and by the look of this American High Blog, it looks like you needed me. The fact is that I may or may not have any association with Columbus. I'm just so happy to get a rise out of spideysorio and his gang of geriatric, juiced up wrestlers. The fact is that this blog needed a counter to the biased spideysorio. Spidey will always know that it's me. I no longer even need to sign the post. The imitators are awesome, thanks.

The Artist Formerly Known As,
Ricky Bobby

Anonymous said...

Ricky Bobby = Superman

Anonymous said...

South Dade became a dynasty when Balmeceda arrived there. They hadn't won a state title in any sport let alone wrestling until the little Napoleon began coaching there. Homestead used to stomp their a$$es back in the day. I'm not trying to take anything away from the late and great Mike McCoy but they were NO dynasty before Balmeceda started coaching there.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Balmacida is a great coach and although he did not start a program at South Dade there is no arguing that the dynasty that is there was and is his. It has been smeared as of late and probably more next year when he loses 7-9 of his varsity starters. Imagine how many kids will want to flock to South Dade when those weight classes open up. They are going to have the pick of the litter. GO MAGNET.

Anonymous said...

AMERICAN vs SOUTH DADE ! ! ! ! !

Any freaking results. How bad was the whooping. LOL Now American can go back to the shadows were they belong. What ever Whooping South Dade started WE will finish. COLUMBUS #1

Ricky Bobby

Anonymous said...

Last week at the Wild cat Osorio did not coach his kids he let them wrestle. He has confidence in his ability and his kids. He has that quiet confidence this year which has been missing in the past. They might not beat the Bucs but they are making it interesting.

Anonymous said...

Crack ho,

I have been watching Osorio and his growth for some time and have become a fan. I didn't think they would beat South Dade nor keep it as close as the score would indicate. The two missing starters would have not made any difference since they would have had to wrestle Earl Hall and Wilson Metellus. Seeing what Carlos Ponce has been able or not able to do at Hialeah just proves how impressive Osorio is at getting kids to become competative in a short period of time. Love the man or hate him that is incredibly impressive from where I sit.

Anonymous said...

I would love to know why he keeps leaving schools? How bout it Spider any light you can shed.

Anonymous said...

that man does not have any values...he'll take a kid from any coach or school. He is a good coach but very unorthodox