Spidey

Spidey
I'll Say What I Want To Say

Monday, October 13, 2008

The Polls Close... The Results Are In


Well I must say this poll did not turn out the way I expected; I was sure when I posted the topic that SD or Brandon would win in a landslide, but to my surprise that was not the case at all.

It turns out most voters have their own ideas of which place they would like to work at, though not many were very specific as to what location that might be, “My preference is not listed garnered a great majority of the votes and let the way at 43%. This is very interesting; I wish there were a poll where posters could fill in the blank because I am curious to know the variety and reason for their personal selections.

Coming in 2nd was a another mild surprise to me, Palmetto Senior received 28% of the votes, apparently there is much to be said for stability, academics, and parental support is the only thing I can figure.

Columbus was 3rd with 23% of the vote, not a surprise at all, I expected Columbus to be one of the top choices, who wouldn’t want to coach at a school of academic excellence with the ability to attract and acquire the finest athletes with virtual impunity.

South Dade was 4th with 21%, a surprise because they are lower than I thought, what with the superior class of athlete that walks the halls at South Dade, I figured any coach looking to make a name and win a title would be thrilled to take the reigns at SD.

And rounding out the top 5 we Have Kissimmee Osceola, not so much a surprise that they made the list, but a surprise that they finished ahead of Brandon and Braddock for sure.

I hope you all enjoyed this poll, I think it shows the diversity of thought in the wrestling community. If any of you have a suggestion for a future poll please send it along either to my private box at FKu (iamspideman) or to my email address (
Spiderman_fkn_wrestling@yahoo.com). Alternately you may suggest something on this very thread. If your desire for the poll is to be specific then send it that way, otherwise I will alter it as I see fit, and you may not get the poll your thought you were getting.

Spidey

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

New Poll: What percent of wrestling do you think comes from the head?

OR

Who Wins? South Dade or Brandon at District 16 Duals?

Spiderman said...

I like the SD Brandon poll, but that one will have to wait until the week leading up to the event.

Your first poll has potential, but it needs further development. You need to make your poll based on choices. For example, your poll could read all follows,

Do you think Wrestling is
A. More Cerebral
B. More Physical
C. An equal distribution of both qualities is necessary
D. Some wrestler can compensate for one if they are strong in the other
E. Everyone has their own opinion, but it is impossible to determine

Now if you like I can post that poll, but if you had something else in mind then please revise and re-post.

On a side note, a few days back I was a little worried about attending the Dist. 16 event because I thought I might be a little conspicuous in such a small gym. Then to my delight I remembered that SD has a new school, and along with it a new Gym. I was so excited about it and being able to attend the event that guess what I did? I'll tell you, I was near Homestead on some business in the evening and I drove by SD, the lights were on and there was some activity. I was emboldened for I don't know what reason and I decided to stop in and take a look. I was confident that by then the Wrestling team would have vacated the premises and anyone else who saw me their would not be likely to think twice about it. So I took a peek in the gym and I must say it is a beautiful place, it will easily fit 4 mats with room to spare. I think the district 16 duals will be a spectacular event, and I can't wait to see the Brandon Eagles wrestle in Miami for the first time.

See you there, but will you see me there?

DR DOOM said...

Spidey,
Here's a poll for you;

Which one of these DADE teams were the best overall team from top to bottom and would have in a dual as well as the IBT state tournament;

1994- North Miami Beach
1996- Miami Palmetto
1999- South Dade(5A)
1999- Miami Southridge
2000- Miami Southridge
2000- Monsignor Pace
2008- South Dade

Now these are some great teams which would have made for some highly contested match-ups. Have at it!!!!

Spiderman said...

Doom,

Nice poll, I will have it up and running soon enough.

Anonymous said...

I have tracked Spiderman and he is coming from a MDPS Computer

Spiderman said...

Anonymous,

You got me!

Follow that road to the dead end and there I will be.